I don’t normally do these things, but I liked this one.
Here are the instructions:
- Open up the music player on your computer.
- Set it to play your entire music collection.
- Hit the “shuffle” command.
- Tell us the title of the next ten songs that show up (with their musicians), no matter how embarrassing. That’s right, no skipping that Carpenters tune that will totally destroy your hip credibility. It’s time for total musical honesty. Write it up in your blog or journal and link back to at least a couple of the other sites where you saw this.
- If you get the same artist twice, you may skip the second (or third, or etc.) occurances. You don’t have to, but since randomness could mean you end up with a list of ten song with five artists, you can if you’d like.
Here’s my list:
- Love In War – Andre 3000 (Speakerboxx)
- Dangerous Type – The Cars (Greatest Hits)
- Everybody’s Fool – Evanescence (Fallen)
- Pastoral – Faithless (No Roots)
- Things Could Be Better – Ernie and the Top Notes (Peanut Butter Wolf’s Jukebox 45’s)
- Bateau Irve – Charlie Hunter Quintet (Right Now Move)
- Battle of the Species – Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra (Turntables on the Hudson)
- The Nipple-Gong – Macha (See It Another Way)
- Diamonds on the Inside – Ben Harper (Diamonds on the Inside)
- The Last Dance – Frank Sinatra
(Those are out of a grand total of 5270 songs in my library.)